There are four main steps for success as we return to work:
1) Physical Distancing
- No hand shaking.
- Maintain 2 metre (6 feet) separation unless absolutely necessary, if you can’t you must wear a mask.
- Avoid unneccesary physical contact and touching of eyes, nose and mouth.
- No access to unscheduled visitors, suppliers, contractors and vendors.
- All pick-up and deliveries restricted to the front bay door area only.
- In-person meetings limited to 4 to 6 people maximum. Meetings involving morethan 6 people to be held by teleconference, video conference or email.
- Limit of 2 people in the kitchen at any time. Lunch breaks to adhere to physicaldistancing guidelines. A schedule may be posted to stagger lunches.
- Floor markings to display safe distances in the foyer and rentals desk.
- Workstation layout to be reconfigured to ensure all workstations maintain at least 2metre (6 feet) between employees at all times.
- Work schedules may be staggered in order to accommodate distancing.
- Crew access to the VFS lot only given with the expressed permission of the tenant. All access will be coordinated with VFS Security while adhering to the rules of physical distancing.
- If it is not possible to ensure 2 metre (6 feet) of distance between employees in a vehicle through the use of a barrier, employees must use other controls such as a mask.
- No personal packages mailed to work.
- All rental equipment will be properly sanitized or quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in and put away.
- Practice good hygiene (frequent hand washing with soap and water and use of hand santizers; avoid touching one’s face; respiratory etiquette).
- Handwashing and hand sanitation mandatory upon entering the building.
- Signage posted advising all employees and guests that hand washing is mandatory upon entering building.
- Office cleaned Monday to Friday – all common areas and surfaces cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day, particularly high-contact items such as doors, handles, faucet handles, keyboards, and shared equipment.
- Employees to periodically wipe down their office door knobs and any othercommonly touched items.
- Signage posted at entrances requiring people to maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance from one another.
- Employees must not use each other’s desks and electronics.
- Vehicles and shared tools to be disinfected at the end of each day.
- Contractor’s to follow physical distancing and PPE protocol recommended by the PHO.
3) Administrative Controls
- Staff to be trained and properly instructed on daily procedures, including their responsibility to immediately report any COVID-19 like symptoms.
- Any employee with symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19, including, but not limited to, a cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, or fatigue, must stay at home and keep a safe distance from others in their family until those symptoms have completely disappeared. Employees can reference The McLean Group COVID-19 Protocol document.
- McLean Group Safety Committee and anonymous hotline available for employees with any concerns relating to COVID-19.
- Non-essential travel to other locations or worksites limited.
4) Use of PPE
- All staff given non-medical masks to be worn if needed.
- Gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes made available to all employees and customers.