Title: Dolly Technician Assistant
Location: Pacific Backlot – 2727 Boundary Road, Vancouver
Start Date: Immediately
We currently have an opening for a Dolly Technician Assistant at Pacific Backlot. This is a full-time position located in East Vancouver at our Vancouver Film Studios lot.
Pacific Backlot offers an extensive range of top-notch production services and equipment rentals to film, television, commercial and theatrical productions in BC. Large or small, every production is important to us and our crew takes great pride in providing the best service and equipment possible. Pacific Backlotwas established in 1999 as a corporate subsidiary of Vancouver Film Studios. Pacific Backlot and Vancouver Film Studios are proud to be Certified B Corporations™.
The successful candidate will join a small group of dedicated people in a challenging and dynamic, and occasionally creative, setting. If you have a great sense of humour and enjoy working as part of a team, we would love to hear from you. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This is a full-time permanent position of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
At Backlot, we seek people who are fun, energetic, responsible, and hardworking. We are looking for someone who pays attention to detail. The Dolly Tech Assistant is exceptionally important at PBS – you would be the backbone of Dolly Land. You will play an essential role in ensuring our dollies are clean andable to operate at their top performance level.
• Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
• Commitment to providing top notch customer service;
• A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and get the job done;
• Interest in being a Dolly Tech and a passion to be the best;
• Mechanically inclined;
• Dolly and jib arm experience (an asset).
If you can fix your bicycle, we can train you to fix a dolly!
• Inspection of dollies before and after rental;
• Repair and service of dollies to the highest of standards as expected by PBS;
• Diagnose required services, fault find and service dollies to enable them to be safe and in fully operational condition;
• Perform inspections on available fleet and returns to ensure no cosmetic damage and that all essential components are fully functioning;
• Keep workshop tidy and clean;
• Maintain precision operation of camera dollies, track, and jib arms in conjunction with the
specific needs of industry leading grips and technicians;
• Prepare orders and maintain inventory through accurate rental and return procedures.
And other duties as needed. There is a large physical component to this position with daily required lifting up to weights of 80 pounds. The work will be either outside or within a warehouse environment, so you must be willing to step in and get dirty.
The salary for this position is $50,000 (flexible depending on experience) per annum, and we offer an excellent benefits package, 3 weeks’ vacation in first year of employment, RRSP matching, 100% employer paid benefits, and other perks, such as an on-site gym.
Vancouver Film Studios and Pacific Backlot is an equal opportunity employer and to that end, wewant all barriers removed to ensure a fair screening process for all candidates. All resumes will be reviewed with an eye to skill set and experience only, and are considered without attention to attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also encourage you to reach out if you have any questions about inclusivity, accessibility, or accommodations pertaining to the job or the application process.
To this end, we ask all applicants to ensure you do not include any personal information on your application and remove pictures from your resume if you have them.
If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to our fleet manager, David Good, at firstname.lastname@example.org .