TITLE: Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician
LOCATION: 3500 Cornett Rd Vancouver
START DATE: Immediately
We currently have an opening for a Senior Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician at Pacific Backlot Services. This is a full-time position located at our Vancouver Film Studios lot in East Vancouver.
Pacific Backlot Services offers an extensive range of top-notch production services and equipment rentals to film, television, commercial and theatrical productions in BC. Large or small, every production is important to us and our crew takes great pride in providing the best service and equipment possible. Pacific Backlot Services was established in 1999 as a corporate subsidiary of Vancouver Film Studios.
The successful candidate will join a small group of dedicated people in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere. Ideally, you are an experienced red seal tradesperson looking to pass along your knowledge and experience to an innovative and motivated group.
Working with some really cool people and very cool equipment, you are dedicated to providing excellent customer service to a unique and creative client base. In general, you will be servicing and repairing lifts, forklifts, generators, vehicles, as well as taking on any other task that may utilize your expertise and knowledge. Working in concert with the General Manager and Maintenance Coordinator, you will liaise and enhance current and new vendor relationships, troubleshoot issues, and ensure continuous improvement to the overall safety culture of the business. This position will also be required to mentor an apprentice in a heavy duty red seal trade.
- Red Seal Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician or other affiliated or appropriate red seal trade.
- Incredibly detail oriented.
- Must possess a valid B.C. Driver’s license with satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Mechanical experience includes: general vehicle repair, servicing, electrical, hydraulics, electric over hydraulic controls.
- You must be legally entitled to work within Canada.
- Have the desire to “do whatever it takes” to get a job done well
- Must possess excellent situational awareness in anticipating needs.
- Be willing to compromise and be open and flexible towards other ideas and processes.
- Strong desire to lead by example, including presenting a professional appearance and demeanour at all times.
- Hold safety in the highest regard, always look for ways to improve.
- Have a sound analytical mind and prefer to go after and hunt down solutions rather than waiting for the answer.
- Adaptable and easy-going: you are able to regularly re-prioritize your work flow based on business need and can organize duties on a whim.
- You possess and are proud of your tool collection.
You also have a great sense of humour and enjoy working with a team that is continuously striving to do better and go the extra mile to meet all our customers’ needs.
This is a full-time permanent position of 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with some overtime on occasion. You will be based at our location at 3500 Cornett Rd, Vancouver B.C., but will be required to work at other business or work locations from time to time.
The salary for this position will range from $30.00 – $45.00 per hour depending on experience. We also offer other perks such as minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation in first year of employment, RRSP matching, 100% employer paid benefits, an on-site gym, free parking, paid training, and a caring and committed managerial and ownership group.
Vancouver Film Studios and Pacific Backlot Services is dedicated to being an equal opportunity employer and to that end, want all barriers removed to ensure a fair screening process for all candidates. All resumes will be reviewed with an eye to skill set and experience only, and are considered without attention to attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We ask all applicants to ensure you do not include any personal information on your application and remove pictures from your resume if you have them.
Your resume should be sent attention to:
General Manager, Pacific Backlot Services at email@example.com